The BCRC-Caribbean is currently seeking suitably qualified applicants, under the above-captioned Project, for the following positions:
- National Research Assistant (one position per country: Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago)- Terms of Reference for this post is available at : National Research Assistant TOR
- Legal Consultant- Terms of Reference for this post is available at: Legal Consultant TOR
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4:00 pm (Trinidad and Tobago, GMT -4) on September 7, 2018.
The Project entitled, “Identifying Feasible Strategies for the Environmentally Sound Disposal of Spent Lighting Products” aims to identify feasible strategies for the environmentally sound disposal of spent lighting products in Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago. The identification of these strategies will be guided through the testing of the following revised practical manuals for the promotion of environmentally sound management (ESM) of wastes developed by the Conference of the Parties of the Basel Convention’s expert working group on ESM:
- General policies and legislation;
- Permits, licenses or authorizations;
- Certification schemes; and
- Waste prevention (An assessment of the “Guidance to assist Parties in developing efficient strategies for achieving the prevention and minimisation of the generation of hazardous and other wastes and their disposal” document that was adopted at the 13th Conference of the Parties of the Basel Convention).
The manuals are available at the following links: