Today, the BCRC-Caribbean convenes its 5th Steering Committee Meeting in Belize City, Belize. The meeting is hosted through the kind generosity of the Belizean Government and in particular the Department of Environment.
The BCRC-Caribbean serves fourteen (14) Parties to the Basel Convention throughout the region. Steering Committee members from eight (8) countries are physically present for the meeting in Belize today – Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, the Federation of Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname and the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
Additionally six (6) BCRC-Caribbean Steering Committee countries members are participating via Skype – the Commonwealth of Bahamas, the Republic of Cuba, the Commonwealth of Dominica, the Dominican Republic, the Co-operative Republic of Guyana and Jamaica.
The objectives of the 5th BCRC-Caribbean Steering Committee meeting are:
- Review and endorse the proceedings of the 4th Steering Committee Meeting.
- Review the Status of ongoing projects being executed by the Centre.
- Plan the future work programmes and activities of the Centre for the next three years.
- Review and Revise the Centre’s 2016-2019 Business Plan.
- Plan the conduct of an Update to the Needs Assessment conducted for member countries in 2012.
The meeting’s agenda is enclosed.